c-section or natural born?and whydo think so?

my first baby was taken by an emer. c section in 2005 which she was 2 1/2 mos premie but now she is perfect and smart. i am now do in oct2009, and my prego dr told me today that i could go either way depending on how my last dr cuted. but i am scared ,my 1st csection i was complete asleep and didnt know what was happening.. and i dont know anything about nb but what i read ... so anyone who had this question before please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That's up to you. I've had two c sections. The first was emergency and i was awake and scared to death. I just had my second 3 months ago and I did fine and was up walking around after 4 hrs.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have never had a c-section but some people in my family have and they all said they would pick natural birth anyday because the recovery time is just a fraction of c-section. I have had 2 natural births and I am terrified to have a c-section. It was only a week or less of recovery time after both my kids. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I think it depends on why you had the emergency c-section. I have a abnormal uterus so my daughter was a month and half early. You have more of a risk for problems if you do reg labor. I personally would have another c-section.
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 11:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i had the choice to do a vbac and have chosen another c-sec, i know what to expect afterwards and during (during its really nowhere near as scary as you'd think). with you having had an emergency c-sec, they usually do a vertical cut with that, and those are the kind that usually mean you can't do a vbac. i wouldn't worry about it til they figure out what kind of incision you have (inside there are 2 incisions w/a c-sec) and go from there.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have both a C-section and natural birth and I will pick natural birth any day. The body is made for natural birth. It was so much easier. your recovery is easier and much less painful. If there's a choice I say go natural. JMO That way at least you'd get to experience it.
    Anonymous

• I've had one natural birth & 3 Csections.

Based on MY personal experience, I'd choose a Csection any day of the week before going through another natural birth. But that's just me... I've known many, many women who were very happy with how their births went.

If you choose a VBac, just be sure they monitor you VERY closely. With my 3rd child (2nd section), I went in on my scheduled day to get prepped for surgery --- only to discover I was already in full-blown labor. I hadn't felt any discomfort & had no clue I was in labor because all the scar tissue from the previous section had left me numb. Once opened up, they found I'd already begun to rupture on my previous uterine incision --- not a good thing. That Csection save my baby's life.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'm planing a VBAC. Why? They are safer for both mother and child. Our safety is my greatest concern. I'll never have another c-section unless it's for a true emergency. Before you decide why don't you check out Henci Goer's A Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth, Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth, http://www.ican-online.org/ , and http://vbacfacts.com/
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I was awake for my c-section, honestly the procedure really isnt that bad. It's the recovery that sucks but you already knew that) Personally I dont think I will choose VBAC with my next child simply because once you have a c-section you are at risk for that incision to rupture no matter which way you were cut (but one way the wont even let you try a VBAC) It's all up to you hun. If you opt for csection you can ask to see your baby right away and all that jazz. It doesnt have to be a big deal and the procedure itself is cake (especially if you enter into it in the middle of labor, that spinal felt liek a dream after contractions) It's up to you and how nervous a person you are. If you worry about everything liek I do opt for the c-section. If you ra little more gutsy and want to try natural study up on techniques to cope with the pain and give it a go!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I'm sorry but the .5% chance of uterine rupture is nothing! This is not a good reason for a RCS. CS are not without risk.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You should try to check out some of the groups on here devoted to c-section and vbac moms. There is alot of good information to help educate yourself. Of course, you will want to listen to your doc.
    grahamom

Answer by grahamom at 12:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2009