Gripe water for 4week old baby

Can we give gripe water for 4 week old baby

Samarea

Asked by Samarea at 11:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it says on the bottle. I don't know I've never had to use it but I would imagine a small amt if you are able to at that age.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i had to use gripe water and mylicon when my baby was only 1 week old. i had to use it almost every day till she was 3 months. she was SO gassy and spit up constantly. like every time she ate at least half of it. not projectile vomitting, just spit up. the grip water helped with the spitting up, and the mylicon with the Gas. (they make a walmart brand mylicon too, same exact thing, 1/4 the cost!)
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 12:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yes. My doctor actually recommened it for hiccups and colic.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Or weak (organic, if you have it) chamomile tea and Hylands colic drops.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I used weak peppermint tea for emma.. cause she had a hard time in the beginning with colic.. also used the gripe water and it worked wonders!
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 11:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2009