Newborn Vacines

I have a 3 week old and at 2 months he recieves his first vacine. I have been told by alot of people to split up his MMR vacine but i dont know enough about it anyone with any good info

Newmomma9301

Asked by Newmomma9301 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I get them all reg. just not the flu,has mercury or the Rotto may make them sick. Have 4 kids all healthy!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i DO NOT LIKE THE FLU VACCINE IT HAS SOME BAD STUFF IN IT ! i HEARD IT COULD EVEN CAUSE aUTISAM I THINK AND aLZIEMERS IN THE ELDERLY.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Read "The Vaccine Book" by Dr Sears. You just need to research it and see what you feel is the right decision for your family. Best of luck!
    Alicia521

Answer by Alicia521 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I agree with the flu vaccine statement. There is no reason for it if your child doesnt have any other risk factors than just being a young child. If he does then I would consider it. We were all just fine getting the flu. But polio, and mumps and stuff, I would definately get the vaccine. Some think it causes autism, but I was a caretaker for a boy with autism and we just thought he was a little behind since birth because he was a slightly early twin. He had autism and its not the mild kind. His mother and I are both in agreeance than HIS autism wasnt caused by any vaccines
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 12:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• They don't give the MMR til much later. You can google vaccine schedule and see what will be due. Mine has had all at 8 months and sha has done fine
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:16 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I reccomend the Dr. Sears book on vaccinations. Very unbiased. I read it before making my decision not to vaccinate (plus lots in internet research). I have actually lent it out to one of my friends in school who has a baby. It has a lot of good information, also a good alternative schedule which splits the shots up so they don't get so many at once (they still get all the shots just not as many at one time). I agree with an above post about the flu vaccine though. I hate it. I hated having to give it to people when I was in the army. I never get sick and neither does my DD who is 8.5 months.
    armygirl16

Answer by armygirl16 at 12:43 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• there is an "educate before you vaccinate" group on cafemom. Look them up and join, they may have some vaulable information.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The Choosing Not To Vaccinate group has a lot of good info under the "Resources" sticky. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

emslala

Answer by emslala at 4:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You need to do your own research; read all sides of the vax debate and make your own decisions. Here is what we chose: First vaccine after first birthday. One vaccine per visit. Single dose, preservative free vaccines (your health care practioner will need to order these in advance), read the insert before the vax was given. Skipped chicken pox.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1444732/To_Vaccinate_or_Not_to_Vaccinate

This is a journal I found that helped me when I was doing research. Your child has already had one vaccine (Hep B) at birth most likely. After my son had a terrible reaction to his second DTaP I started researching and his doc recommended nothing more for him until he was at least 3 years old. After I read more and more I decided not to vaccinate at all, but you have to make that decision for yourself and your family, just please make it an informed one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2009