my 7 year old has bruises on the inside of her mouth on her cheeks and maybe lower lip.... she hasn't fallen lately or anything!

I'm a little concerned and I have to admit that I readily take my kids to the doctor if they have fevers that are really high, or coughs that don't get better... only worse, etc. This one has me stumped. I even googled it, and nothing. Anyone else seen this??? I'm just about ready to pull her out of bed and take her to the after hours clinic..... but don't want to freak out either!

4theLoveofLovey

Asked by 4theLoveofLovey at 11:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Health

• ummm did this happen after she went to sleep
    Sheenalynne

Answer by Sheenalynne at 11:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• if so get her awake cause its not bruises, its that shes not getting enough air
    Sheenalynne

Answer by Sheenalynne at 11:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• wake her up, is she breathing ok??
    Anonymous

• no. she showed it to me today after school. (she only goes for an hour and a half, and if she had fallen they would have told me..... VERY small school)

They are kind of "streaky" looking.... but definately redish purpleish.....
    4theLoveofLovey

Answer by 4theLoveofLovey at 11:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• does she chew the insides of her lips? I used to chew my lips a lot as a child and i got bruises inside of my mouth from doing it. I dont remember what the doctor said about why that happens. But that may be what it is. Also like Sheenalynne said, if it happened after she went to bed it could be lack of air. Does she have athsma?
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• ok, you had me scared for a min, i thought you ment it happened after she feel asleep. whew. i would make a doc appt. if she seems ok and not bothered to much by it you can probly let her sleep and take her tomorrow
    Sheenalynne

Answer by Sheenalynne at 12:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• no asthma. and she's not a lip biter at all. ugh. I read something about anemia and leukemia..... i better stop googleing or i won't sleep!
    4theLoveofLovey

Answer by 4theLoveofLovey at 12:05 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• She could be biting on her cheeks and inner lip. If you are worried about it take her to the doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• She might be biting it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Could she be anemic?

Is she pain?

Have her checked out soon.

Try to Google this....Hope she feel alot better soon.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2009