how can i stop production of breast milk?

i am not breast feeding anymore and now i don't know how to stop production. any help. and is there any pills i can buy from the store that will stop it? i dont want to try cabbage, cause well i dont want to smell like cabbage .

Cadence08

Asked by Cadence08 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• You just have to let it dry up, I don't know of anything. Wish I could help you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• NO breast simulation at all. Keep a bra on at all times. Do not touch them while in the shower...leave them completely alone and they will dry up faster.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• When I dried up mine the doctor told me to wear a sports bra that is a tad tight. Not uncomfortable tight but the pressure made me dry up I think it only took three days. Good luck to you.
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 2:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Tight bras can make you sick with mastitis...please don't go that route.

Really, ice packs and cabbage leaves. Sage tea. Somw will say to take cold meds but it's not a good idea to dose yourself with something.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You can try the cabbage leaves. I was told ice cold, crushed outer leaves a few times a day inside your bra. Fresh cabbage doesn't smell as strongly as cooked. I'm still waiting to dry up...going on 19 months. Time & your body are what really stop it.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 6:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• a very very tight sports bra--keep it on day and night. also with the sports bra you need to put cabbage leaves over your nipples. I don't mean a little piece-I mean a leaf..that needs to be changed every 6-8 hours. you eat, sleep, drink, etc... with the really tight sports bra and cabbage leaves and within less of a week, you should be dried up... you can check by squeezing your nipple, but not aggressively at all.. take them off to shower, because you need to do that during the week. if its not within a week. keep going. I promise you will dry up--Good luck
    jordana8

Answer by jordana8 at 7:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• When I had my son, I was told to wear a tight sports bra, and put a bag of frozen veggies in the bra for a short period of time til it dries up. I think it only took a couple of days.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:15 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The whole cabbage leaf thing Does Work... I had a midwife & she told me to put cabbage leaves in a bowl of water in the fridge. Put a leaf in each slide of your bra about every 2hrs. They shape your breasts nicely so you can't tell through your shirt that they are there. They really do work and they also take the pain away!
    khoffer98

Answer by khoffer98 at 8:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• a good fitting tight sports bra should help it in no time and it will not make u sick that is silly and i have done this before and it works
    natasia61589

Answer by natasia61589 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• keep them very tight, use ice packs, dont even let the water run over them in the shower. the cabbage does suck, i didnt want to either, but i finally tried it, and within a few days i was fine.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2009