How have the at home DIY nail kits worked out for you?

You know how at Walmart and such they sell those DIY nail kits? I'm considering getting them. I'm OCD and pick at my nails, so I want to see that if I cover them up, (with my kid and many dishes as I do) nail polish doesn't last long for me, it won't bug me as much. They have some really cute ones, and some last up to ten days. Last time (a long time ago) I got nails done at a salon, I hated them and my nails were wrecked for a lonnnnng time after wards.

nerdyma7

Asked by nerdyma7 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• They don't always fit well and they pop off lol. The glue can wreck your nails too. You're better off buying a longwear nail polish. Good ones will last 10 days with a base and top coat. I sell Avon and they're about to release a new line that stays on really well (I got to preview it) and its nowhere near as expensive as OPI keep an eye out for it www.youravon.com/dhullum fsany for free shipping. Also the nail salon ones, I'd really avoid them I used to get solar nails until the tech lost control of the drill somehow and cut a big section of my finger I had to have stitches it was awful. If you want to go false try the glue on kind :) GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• if you get the kind that are plastic nails that you simply glue on or already have the glue on they do pop off easily. You'd have to keep the glue in your purse in case any pop off, and getting a pair of jeans on? Forget about it, lol.

They do have acrylic kits where you put the tips on and use similiar powder and a brush to make your own acrylic nails.....and i've tried those before as well to save money, they just don't look as nice, they usualy have bumps or gaps near the cuticle.

You have two decent choices, have your nails done by a professional (and deal with the thin icky nails you get from wearing them) or live with your own nails. I keep mine pretty short but they look nice most of the time. Polish usualy chips off my nails within hours so most of the time I just have clear polish on for strength and shine!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have acrylic tips and I love them because I have a hard time growing my real nails, they look really nice but most the color stay on and doesn't chip. I have been getting nails since I was 22 and once I take them off for a while they don't ruin my real nails. Mind nails stay off for about a month and I get the refilled and cut every 3 weeks. I use to use the lee press on nails and hated them because they would always come off after a while and the glue would always got stuck to my hand but I aslo had a hard time polish them so I just decide to just get them done.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009