• In the Spotlight:

Did anyone know this About Abe Lincoln's Bible for Christians

It makes me sad that this man is highly honored , but when I heardabout the bible he made he took out everywhere in the new testament where Christ performed a miracle.. Which God Condemns.. Its makes me sad that a man so honored would do something like this? Anyone else know that?

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 12:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• huh? say what??? you messing with Abe
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• nope.. Its truth.. Abe Lincolns bible is just that.. Christ without the miracles.. That would be denying God
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:35 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I highly doubt that Abe would do that.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• That is the first I heard of it. However, I have read and listened to sermons that told how evil Lincoln was. The sad thing about it is everyone today believes the Civil War was over slaves.
    JustAnotherMama

Answer by JustAnotherMama at 1:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• So UAFwife where did you find this information? I'v searced EVERYWHERE and found nothing...So please do tell us where you got this information, Thanks
    GmaPam7257

Answer by GmaPam7257 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Heavy sigh. I can't believe you are trying to raise a stink with Abe Lincoln
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Very simply, search it as Abe Lincoln, atheist. You will get plenty of quotes directly from the man himself, plus some from his wife, and other people, as well as other speculation on the subject. Now, isn't it just incredibly sweet and ironic that the president who ended up emancipating an enslaved people was very likely not christian at all? Gotta love it! :O)

Historical facts are not a "stink" -- even if you don't agree with them.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yes, I knew about this.

"Now, isn't it just incredibly sweet and ironic that the president who ended up emancipating an enslaved people was very likely not christian at all?"

Lincoln freed the slaves as a political move, he wasn't really concern with blacks as humans. Emancipating the slaves was meant as a direct blow to the South's economy ( and it worked!). Whether or not he had Christian beliefs had nothing to do with it.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Soooo...because he was an atheist he couldn't be a great man or great leader? Perhaps he believed in the general teachings of the bible, and regarded Jesus as more of a teacher than a messiah.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• President Lincoln was not an atheist. His religious views were different or unorthodox in many ways, although he rarely talked about his religious views, he gave several indications he believed in God. There is not just Christian or Atheist. There are so many options in between and there the large possibility that he was Christian but with a new way of looking at things. He was an incredibly smart man in life and that included his religion as well. He was an incredibly unique man in every single way. Also, his stance on abolishing slavery was a personal stance and was not just a political move. He truly understood the fact that EVEYONE is equal.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 8:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2009