So I was given a memo today at work........

It warned me about swine flu and then proceeded to tell me how to wash my hands and to "Wet my hands first, then get some soap whether liquid or in bar form, I was like "WTF? I never knew this"?! I continued to read eagarly awaiting further instructions, it then said to work the soap vigorously into a lather WHILE, I repeat WHILE singing the Happy birthday song TWO times, are you getting this ladies? Yeah uh, I work for the school district and while teachers are getting pink slips, they are wasting, ink, paper, some other idiots time to type the memo and yet we wonder why our schools are closing down in California! What do you think of this?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:43 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You would be SURPRISED how many people either DON'T wash their hands or don't do it long enough. I thinks it comes off as lame, but seriously, there are some either really dumb or really misinformed folks out there. At least they MEANT well. Look at the back of a soup can some time for the directions.... HILARIOUS!
    4theLoveofLovey

Answer by 4theLoveofLovey at 12:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• lol, i used to work at mcdonalds, yeeears ago, and those were the exact instructions right above all the sinks in the restaurant..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I am awaiting further instructions from the Department of Education on how to wipe my butt.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• lol, you mean theres no signs saying "ALWAYS wipe from front to back"...hmmm well..i guess its coming! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• lol we had an email at work that out to everyone. I work at a Children's Hosp...anywho, it said that people have had the stomach flu and if you have diarrhea then after going to the bathroom you need to flush the toilet, wash your hands, then call environmental services lol. Can you imagine calling envir services and saying, Ummmm I just took a dookie? lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• OMG! 4thelove, you are right! I guess we are just mad, I am not a teacher but to see them being uprooted and transferred, the good ones that haven't been there long enough are being let go and the "so-so teachers that have been hanging by a thread are staying because they have been there over 6 years.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• LMAO A and J!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It is disgusting at how many people in the workplace do NOT wash their hands after using the toilet. When I noticed one lady leaving the ladies room one day at work just after she had used the toilet I was so grossed out. From that point on I began to notice other ladies who did the same thing. I always wash my hands to the tune of London Bridge sung twice (I taught my girls the same thing) and then I use a paper towel to open the door. My co-workers thought I was strange for bringing a can of Lysol with me to work and spraying down my register keys before working. Once I told them why, some of them began doing the same thing. Then some of us began using hand sanitizer....lol. It was just so gross to think of everything we use after those ladies who don't wash their hands. Disgusting!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2009