is it bad....

to lie on ur back when your preggo?

Asked by dlepasti at 12:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think they say only after like.... 6 mo? as far as i remember. whenever you lay on ur back if it hurts or your legs start to feel numb... then the bellys too big sis! roll over. :( i hated having to sleep on my side the whole time!!! i elevated my feel every night with a rolled up blanket that helped some. and using a large pillow between my legs or knees helped too (for side sleeping)

Answer by tatmum at 12:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Once you hit 20 weeks you are not supposed to lay flat on your back for any extended amount of time because it restricts blood flow and nutrients to the baby. Also do not lay on your stomach...which I think would be uncomfortble anyways. The best way to lay is on your left side, but either side is fine.

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• yes you have to be tilted to one side slightly

Answer by Leilany1019 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Also...I am 25 weeks pregnant and I have noticed that if I end up on my back from sleeping or something, I am woken up by being uncomfortable...which is supposed to be your body's warning sign to you to get off your back before it starts to harm your baby.

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yes, you may get knocked up again...Just kidding.  No it is not bad to lie on your back, but you may be more comfortable with a few pillows behind your shoulders.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Every once in a while is fine

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It's so bad that's how they make most women labor in the hospital. LOL.

NEway, just do it if it's comfortable. It does compress your major artery though so that means less blood to the baby. Left side is best for everyone, not just pregnant women.

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• my dr said do what is comfortable i know towards the end of my pregnancy my back was hte only way i could get comfortable . well my daughter is here and is just fine nad perfectly healthy

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:23 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i also heard the left side is best. but when i sleep on my back i do so propped up with pillows to keep the weight off my back.

Answer by trystons_mommy at 1:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2009