So I was given this memo at work today and it pretty much said....

It warned me about swine flu and then proceeded to tell me how to wash my hands and to "Wet my hands first, then get some soap whether liquid or in bar form, I was like "WTF? I never knew this"?! I continued to read eagarly awaiting further instructions, it then said to work the soap vigorously into a lather WHILE, I repeat WHILE singing the Happy birthday song TWO times, are you getting this ladies? Yeah uh, I work for the school district and while teachers are getting pink slips, they are wasting, ink, paper, some other idiots time to type the memo and yet we wonder why our schools are closing down in California! What do you think of this?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wait... what do I do when I finish the Happy Birthday song!?!??
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I am also awaiting further instructions from the Dept. of Education on how to wipe my butt.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The teachers here are also getting the same memo. The school also sent home a paper on how to teach your children to wash their hands properly. I understand the schools concern -- but come on now! We know to wash our hands and my children know how to was their hands. My oldest also carries hand sanitizer around with her.

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 1:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• gigi, you would be AMAZED that I saw a report that like 75% of ppl do not wash their hands or sanitize them after pottying even pooping!!! While I understand how you feel about the school closures, if this memo saves 1 persons life then it WOULD be worth it.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• hahaha good addition to your own post! Yeah I do think that is ridiculous! I live in cali also.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I just don't want my intelligence insulted by being told to sing happy birthday twice. Damn!, I would rather sing, I'm Henry the eighth I am, Henry the eighth I am, I am, I got married to the widow nextdoor, she's been married 7 times before.......
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You would be amazed to know how many have no clue how to properly wash their hands. Most I see in bathrooms use a squirt of soap wash for one second then are on their way. They should not bother since their hands are basically dirty still.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• it probably would have been just as effective as writing an email. Or sticking one sign up in the bathroom.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You mean they are going to actually make children WASH their hands? Our schools will run out of actual soap since all they ask for is that Germ X crap. I tell my kids all the time WASH your hands, not just use that crap!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yes OP, beckcorc and I are awaiting further instructions. Now I have drippy lather on my computer keyboard. Does it give instructions as to how to get that cleaned off as well?

waiting . . . . . . .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2009