True or old wives tale?

hi all
was just wondering I heard that if a woman is pregnant and is still breastfeeding another child the child will stop breast feeding if the baby is the same sex.What do you think?

greenmaniac

Asked by greenmaniac at 1:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• don't know about that. I heard the taste is different and some babies won't drink it anymore...i found out i was pregnant when my daughter was 9 months old. I breastfed her until she turned 14 months old. i started to wean her off the boobs at 11 months old...took 3 whole months...all because I wanted a break before my son was born... I'm almost due to have him now. They will be 17 months apart.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Old wives tale! A lot of people tandem nurse even if their babies are the same sex.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I was told that after a certain part of your pregnancy the milk can turn to colostrum and the baby doesn't like it much anymore. I've heard that animals will not like a baby of the same sex. My cat was a boy and he was so pissed at me when I got pregnant with ds. I didn't even know I was pregnant at the time and he wouldn't even come near me.
    southernwldchld

Answer by southernwldchld at 1:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Your milk might change taste when tandem nursing but it doesn't mean the baby won't like it. Just depends on the baby.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• That is an old wive's tale. My first was a boy and he weaned while I was pregnant, but my girlfriend has 3 kids and her first is a boy who didn't wean during pregnancy with a girl, but the girl weaned while she was pregnant with second boy. The milk does change to colostrum for the baby and some kids wean and some don't. It is completely up to you whether you push the weaning or not. As long as you don't have a history of preterm labor, nursing throughout the entire pregnancy and tandem nursing after is perfectly fine and natural.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• use your brain...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Apr. 28, 2009