2 weeks notice?

i am quitting my job and am having trouble writing my resignation letter. i want it to be somewhat personal because i just work in a little pizza shop but i also want it to be somewhat professional. i thanked them and told them that i was given an opportunity that works better with my life as a mother. but it's still super short. like 4 sentences. is there anything else i should add or is short and sweet good enough?

r_elizabeth2290

Asked by r_elizabeth2290 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Short and sweet is great!
    Thank you for the opportunity. I had a memorable time working here and have further advanced my customer service skills (or whatever). I hope that I may use you as a recommendation in the future.
    As a former restaraunt manager, it is great (and rare!) to recieve a written 2 weeks notice.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think that's perfectly fine and acceptable. The reality is most people, unless in a higher paying office job, don't give 2 week notice, written or oral! You taking the time to do so shows your integrity!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I agree with the other ladies, PLUS if you give and work your 2 weeks notice it keeps your foot in the door should you ever need to ask for a job with them again.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Always give two weeks notice. Never say anything negative, Never burn a bridge; you may need to you your current employer as a professional reference the next time that you change jobs.
    And congratulations on finding a new position in this crummy economy!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 3:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2009