How do you make an all purpose "Green" cleaner? The things at the store cost to much, there must be a way to do it myself!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Ive heard vinegar is a pretty good cleaner. why dont you google "vinegar all purpose cleaner".
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• vinegar, baking soda, and lemons
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I USE HOLY COW ...WHICH WAS 2.99 A BOTTLE(IT PRETTY BIG TOO ) AND GREEN WORKS BUT IT COST SO MUCH !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• OH AND VINEGAR WORKS FOR EVERYTHING !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• DISCINFECTANTS~HYDROGEN PEROXIDE(WORKS BEST) / BLEACH(1 CAPFUL TO 1 GAL OF WATER)
    BORAX POWDER CAN BE USED FOR SEVERAL PURPOSES
    VINEGAR

TRY GOOGLE FOR ALL THE TOPICS
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Purchase Simple Green and use it for just about everything. Beyond that a good bar of hard soap like Octagon and water will clean everything else.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• rkoloms is my favorite, this is what I use. Stay away from bleach, the chemicals are strong, that's why your nose burns when you use it. Vinegar can clean anything bleach can & I read on another post that all bleach does is release the mold spores into the air so you breathe em in (don't know if this is true or not). The Green Organic Natural Simple Living & Organic, Natural & Simple Lifestyle groups have GREAT all nat recipes that cost pennies & won't damage your little ones lungs w/ all those toxins.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Hey, have you ever tried GreenTerpene Cleaning Products? They have a product called d-Limonene " Orange Terpenes" which is made from orange peels, and is extracted while oranges are being juiced for OJ. Stuff works awesome, do some research! 100% natural too! I found a coupon code on another forum for $1.00 use code "clean4health" >>> GreenTerpene.com

EcoMom2010

Answer by EcoMom2010 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2010