What is a good safe remedy for young toddler allergies or asthma? (24 months old)

I've read terrible reports online about some of the allergy medications.... does anyone have some allgery or asthma remedies that work wonders for your little ones?

Mommy--

Asked by Mommy-- at 1:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• there are homeopathic treatments that work well, and supplements too. Can you see a naturpatic and or homeopathic doctor? There are different types of allergies, so she would need to be seen so taht they could adress her spacific issues.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Some are helped by eating a spoonful of local honey every day. Many with allergies and asthma are helped by eliminating dairy and red meats. Some asthma is triggered by environmental chemicals; be sure that you are using only non-toxic cleaning supplies (homemade is cheapest). Don't give your little ones foods with chemical addittives (a good rule for all of us); if the label has ingredients that you can't pronounce or that your great grandmother wouldn't recognize, don't buy it.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If your toddler has asthma, and is on medication, please keep up with it. I have two asthmatics (three if I count myself) and it's nothing to be messed around with. But that's my opinion based on our attacks and the fact that I had a friend die from an asthma attack.

Is the toddler's asthma only triggered by allergies? What has the doctor recommended you do for the allergies?

Honestly, I would follow the doctor's recommendations, especially for the asthma. Allergies, if you don't want medications, the only other option is to avoid the allergens.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• TiccledBlue is right. Asthma is nothing to mess around with. Ask your DR. I took mine off singular because of the reports. She ended up back on. The DR. assured me it was fine and she is better being on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Turn on the shower. Make sure its hot water. Then sit with them in the steam for a while. That alway helped my kids. Its safe and very afective!
    Sara722

Answer by Sara722 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I was told to give my children Children's liquid Claretin for their allergies and my son gets an inhaler for his asthma. But it would be best to talk to your dr. on what he/she feels is best for u to use.
    rugratsmommy4

Answer by rugratsmommy4 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2009