ANYONE ELSE FEEL THE SAME?

I AM PERSON WHO AT TIMES SUFFERS FROM ANXIETY AND MOSTLY IT IS AT NIGHT WHEN MY THOUGHTS GET AWAY FROM ME AND USUALLY THEY HAVE TO WITH FEAR BROUGHT ON MY WORLD NEWS OR "SCARE TACTICS" I LIKE TO CALL THEM. I SOMETIMES FEEL LIKE I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO BELIEVES THAT THE MEDIA KEEPS PEOPLE IN FEAR WITH HEADLINES OF DREADFUL EVENTS AND HORRIBLE THINGS YET TO COME. IT'S LIKE FOR YEARS EVERYTIME WE FIND HOPE OR RELIEF SOMETHING NEW COMES ABOUT, SOME EXAMPLES ARE NUCLEAR WEAPONS IN N. KOREA, SARS VIRUS, BIRD FLU, NOW THE SWINE FLU. THEN YOU HAVE "OBAMA IS THE ANIT-CHRIST" AND THE MAYAN CALENDER ENDING IN 2012, A FORECAST OF THE NEXT DEPRESSION, GLOBAL WARMING.. AND IT GOES ON AND ON. I KNOW TO SOME PEOPLE IT MAY SEEM DUMB-BUT ALL THESE THINGS EFFECT MY CHILDREN AND THE FEAR OF THINGS KEEP ME AWAKE. I GUESS MY QUESTION IS DOES ANYONE OUT THERE FEEL THE SAME.???????????????

NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Asked by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 1:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• As a nurse you might see a lot of the bad in life but try not to dwell on what might happen. If you focus on the good and positive and count your blessings(like your children) you will have less anxiety. Turn off the news and put on music if you need to. God is in control...and no matter what... life is good. Take deep breaths.
    Gapeach001

Answer by Gapeach001 at 2:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• We all experience anxiety. See your doctor if you need help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Take deep breathes and look around. Pay attention to the good that is around you. Turn off the TV don't look at the news on the computer for a while. Play with your children, laugh as much as you can. Do something that you love doing just for you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• THANK YOU ALL, WHAT WONDERFUL ADVISE.
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I watch the news, but I take everything with a grain of salt. Yes, bad things could happen at any time. But you'll make yourself crazy if you concentrate on those things.

Like someone else said, look at the good around you. A beautiful day full of sunshine, the rain, green grass, children playing, children laughing, the love in your home, a simple dinner with your family, etc. There are SO many good things out there. Let's concentrate on them and what's really important, the people we love.

The rest of it doesn't matter. No one knows how much time we have left. Just enjoy every moment you get.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I'm not anxious. I just pray every night that we can undo the majority of what this guy and his congress do so my children don't have to live the way he wants them too. I am very sure we will be hit by terrorists within the next couple of years so I am not going to fret about it. I have to pray my family isn't involved and wish others were not either. You have to go on and live life to the fullest because there is so much that can happen and you never know when.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2009