Showing appreciation?!

Ok so my FH and I have been together for almost 4 years now, we have a daughter together who is almost 2. He has fully supported me and my daugther through our whole relationship. Ive been going to school for almost 18mos and so our money had been really tight. I really want to give him something to show him how much I really appreciate everything he has done and sacrificed not only for me but for our family. I have given him everything that you give to a SO I think that means alot, ive boughten him a necklace with a charm for it, a ring, a watch.. I want to get something for him that says not only do you deserve this but your very much appreciated. I think that if I got him a pair of shoes or something nice like that it wouldn't say that. I just can't figure out what to get.

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 1:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• This might sound like a jerk response but I am serious.

How about more sex. Men are hard wired to equate sex with love and affection. My dh always feels happier about things when I come on to him and sex him up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Material wise, I'm not really sure what you could get him but words and actions can mean alot more than anything money can buy. Maybe compliment him on all the things he does, tell him how great of a SO and father he is and tell him that you appreciate everything. A back rub, things like that.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i agree with Marix, actions do speak louder than words, i give my SO body massages to show I appreciate him, he doesnt know thats why im doing it he thinks its because he's sore but thats why i do it =)
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 4:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• WORDS and ACTIONS!!! Nothing material will ever show it and if you're money is tight how aw are you buying him these things? Anyways... tell him. It will mean more.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You and your daughter could maybe make a card for him..write some how you feel about him and how much you appreciate him..
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2009