should i expect her to be this good???

My baby is 4 days old and is a total sweetheart! rarely cries..easily pleased...likes bath times...smiles when getting her diaper changed and smiles right before she eats and then afterward she falls asleep FAST with out crying..

is this typical in the beginning or am i just lucky???

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 2:23 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's the beginning. It wil change when they are awake more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• She's too little to willingly smile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• well, i personally have no idea..
    but i would like to say congrats!=]
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:36 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i think she may be too little to actually smile it COULD be gas (my son didnt smile until 4 weeks and i heard that is the absolute earliest babies can learn to smile, but im not a professional) but some babies are just good little babies. be grateful, my son was an absolute terror for the first 4 months, i used to say he had 3 modes, eat, sleep and SCREAM (he had a food allergy and as soon as i switched him to nutramigin he was a whole new baby) but congrats! whats her name?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:43 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• dont worry about the bitter anons, they probably just had colicky babies like i did. hes a delight now and i love him to pieces but at first it was a rough go.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Congrats! PM me and tell me how it all went. Were you induced?
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 3:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My son has ALWAYS been VERY good. Too good. He is 6 months now and he still rarely cries, is always happy, smiles all the time...always content.... I got VERY lucky. He even sleeps great. In his own bed every night....between 11 and 12 hours straight every night since he was 2 1/2 months old. I love it! He's so good! I hope yours stays this way also. It's AWESOME.... (I also have a 3 1/2 year old daughter...she was good too, but not THIS good!) I got VERY lucky, I thank God all the time for them...
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 3:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The "loaf of bread" stage varies. Our family doctor told us "there is a very good reason why they smile at around 4 weeks." When she was exactly four weeks old, she smile the most beautiful smile at her daddy (we have the photos); that night colic started: ten weeks of screaming from 6-11 every night. She was eight month old before she slept six solid hours. Remember, though all babies are different. I have friends who had a baby sleeping through the night at two months, and the next one at a year.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It could be that she is a really good baby, its typical at first though because they dont need as much work. It does get harder but its worth it. right now my lil one is screaming and trying to punch keys as I type. hehe shes 10 months!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• both of my kids were good like that i got lucky with both of them!!!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2009