lamaze classes

my husband just left today for basic training and wont be back for three months then he leaves again....he's not gonna be here for the lamaze classes so my dad agreed to come with me has anyone else taken a parent to these classes and if so is it wierd

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 3:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some of the pictures and videos might make you both uncomfortable.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 3:14 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think it's a cool idea :) What a neat way for the new grandpa to become involved in the babies life. It's not weird. Your dad knows whats in store and since he is willing to be your birth coach, that shows he really wants to be there.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 7:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I went with my sister during her pregnancy for the same reason. I am not sure I would want my father there, but mother I think I could handle. It depends on your relationship with him. They do show some VERY graphic videos and pictures of babies being born. You need to have whoever is going to be in the room when you deliver there and if you feel comfortable with your dad being there for that then I say go for it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2009