why is it so hard for people to understand?

I stay at home full time with my almost three year old daughter. I am 24 years old and to be honest i never wanted kids. I am having a extremely hard time adjusting to the "mom" thing. My dh and I are very big basketball fans and its the playoffs right now so our small group of friends has been coming over at least twice a week to watch the games with us. I don't mind that they come over but, my dh has been getting really pissed at me because I am not being very "social" ...I leave the room to take phone calls that could wait until later or i am texing during the game. He told me tonight that he is getting sick of apologizing for my behavior. I JUST SPENT 10 HOURS TAKING CARE OF MY DD WHO IS VERY MUCH IN THE "TERRIBLE TWOS" It is not as easy as it used to be to be "social" and everytime i try to talk to someone on the phone while he is at work she screams the whole time!!!! I am trying my HARDEST to be a good mom & wife cont..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK THAT THIS IS COMPLETELY SCREWED UP????

any advice would be apprecaited. Thank you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• maybe he just wants you to attempt to watch the game and not talk or text on the phone, i would find it rude too i understand your daughter thing but you're not talking about your daughter you're talking about the phone
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 4:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• OP HERE ...The thing that bothers me is that i would have taken care of  this stuff during the day but i can not get done because of her....example my mom called because she needed some help with her finances. (my dad passed away a year ago and my mom needs a bit of help to understand how to live on her budget) I was trying to explain to her how to log into her online banking. if i could have taken care of it while dh was at work i would have but, because of how my dd acts i couldn't do it. none of our friends have children and the thing i don't get is why they can't just be a little more understanding that my life and priorities are different now!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I know that it comes off rude to be on your phone when people are at your house but, all i am asking for is a little understanding....why is that so hard?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:04 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• well with your daughter your friends should understand that you cant be in the same room every damn second of the game, did you happen to mention the online banking thing with DH?
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 5:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• that's they big problem....I do not have one single person in my life that has a child. The only time she gets to play with other kids is when we go to the park but, I live in Oregon and it rains ALL the time so it is not as often as I would like. her behavior issues i know are my fault. I gave in all the time when she was a little younger because i had no patience. I know that is my fault but trying to correct that mistake and also be a good wife, friend and hostess is pretty hard....at least for me...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• and yes my dh knew what i was doing but he thinks that i should be able to take care of everything during the day while he is working. and when i say everything i mean it. DH is disabled so he can not help me at all with ANYTHING around the house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• ya i hear you on that part! you need some mommy friends!! single people who dont have kids just dont understand even a little bit!!
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 5:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• all he does is work a 40 hour week. I take care of him, dd the house the finances and my mom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• wow for being 23 you have ALOT on your plate im sorry, but i would suggest that you take some "me" time hubby is gonna have to deal with it whether he likes it or not go out with the girls get your mind off of things or you're gonna totally freak out and just lose it
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 5:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2009