I FEEL TIGHTING IN MY BACK AND MY LOWER ABDOMONAL AND I THINK I LEEKING HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL

MOMMY.D

Asked by MOMMY.D at 5:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you're leaking it's probably a good idea to go on to the hospital and let them have a see. You only have so much amniotic fluid... are you cramping or anything? Seems odd if you're leaking you should feel pain or pressure... anyway, yeah, I'd go now and get checked.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• YEAH IM HAVING SOME CONTRACTIONS AND WHEN I HAVE THE CONTRACTIONS I FEEL MORE PRESSURE THEN I HAVE FELT IN THE PAST FEW WEEKS
    MOMMY.D

Answer by MOMMY.D at 6:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• ill tell ya one thing...i always asked "when should i go to the hospital? when will i know its labor" and everyone always said "oh you'll know" and trust me i say this...YOU'LL REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY KNOW WHEN YOUR IN LABOR!!!

i was in labor 4 days ago and had my little girl and i tell ya...now i know what they mean when they say "you'll know what to push" cuz oh yes...i pushed 4 times and she was out! but it feels sooooo good to push..its a relief..
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 6:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If you are leaking then call your doc or midwife. As long as it isn't a huge gush at any point and your contractions are less then 5 minutes apart don't go rushing into the hospital unless you want a bunch of unneeded interventions. I labored at home from the time I woke up with my water leaking at 5 am until 11 am on midwife's orders and then went to the hospital. I felt very little in the way of contractions until about 10 am when I hit transition and then it was pretty intense. Got there about noon and was 7 cm already. Spent the next 2.5 hours in the shower (no tub at this hospital) and delivered my little guy at 3 pm. If you are leaking fluid don't let them check you right away either. Once they check you that baby has to come out within the next 24 hours due to risk of infection. As long as they don't check you the infection risk is extremely small.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2009