Are you in Love with your husband/so?

My brother-in-law told my husband that he loves his wife but he's not in love with her.

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm sorry but after reading these I have to say that my parents were together 50 yrs and married 42 yrs when my Mom passed away... And they were IN LOVE all the way to the end. They had passion in their marriage all the yrs I knew them. My father stayed committed to her even after she was gone. I never knew 2 people more IN LOVE until I met my Hubby.. Then I finally knew what it was to be IN LOVE... To me it's the feeling that you couldn't imagine being with anyone else, that just the thouht of them makes you feel safe, secure, loved, respected and they are your best friend. I love my Hubby and am IN LOVE with him... It makes me so sad to hear some women say that they care about their spouse but they don't love them.. Why waste your life, or theirs with someone you don't Love?
    I'm so glad I had parents that showed me that you can still get the warm fuzzy feelings even after 50 yrs together...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I love and am in love with my husband.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 8:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• We've been married for 14 1/2 years. To be honest, no, I am not in love with my husband.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• so in love. he's my best friend.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 8:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• no. i cant stand him and can't wait til the divorce is final.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 8:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I love my Husband, but I am not "In Love" with him.
    KateInTheSurf

Answer by KateInTheSurf at 8:23 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think the in love thing is something that happens when the love is new and fresh, but over the years that love is suppose to turn into something deeper and more meaninful (sp) So yes I love my husband and In a way still in love with him!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• that is sad and yes i am in love with my husband
    natasia61589

Answer by natasia61589 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I am so in Love with my Hubby.....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 9:04 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think it is semantics to some degree....and also reality. If you use the term "in love" to be incredibly excited at the very thought of the other person, then how can you sustain that for years and years. It might be that way once in a while, but not usually every day. But you can still LOVE the person. It is about commitment and good feelings between the people, the shared history and shared sense of commitment about the future.... If you love your spouse deeply you may say you are "in love" while someone else may have those same feelings and not call it "in love" because they don't get butterflies when their hands touch accidentally. It is about expectations....and some expectations are not good for a marriage. All that being said, I am about to get divorced due to my husband's feelings about all that, so I might not be a good person to ask! I believe in marriage and commitment and love grows from those things....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2009