For those of you who live in a warm climate, have you ever been somewhere cold for Christmas?

I live in NY and can't imagine a Christmas without snow

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I live in South Carolina but originally from Northeastern Pennsylvania. Our first year here my kids were buying icecream from the truck on New Years Eve..it was great. But it does get cold here usually January is awful. Last year we were swimming in our pool in March. We just opened it this year cause it's been cold.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Nope, I've only been "cold" places in the summer time and its usually still warm up there, just gets cold at night. I have never seen snow. I mean I've seen like snow flurries and a little snow stuck on the ground that melts after a few hours and fake blown snow when I went skiing in NC, but never seen real heavy snow.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:16 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• no, i hate being cold
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I grew up in Maine and sorely miss "proper" winters, especially snow at Christmas!
    I now live in Virginia and it is generally so warm on Christmas day we have to wear short sleeves. That is just so wrong!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i live in mass and love the snow on xmas.i love it when we are all bundled up,but i can only handle it for so long then i get tired of it real quick.usually by halloween we are in winter coats.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

•  I grew up in Brooklyn NY and had 20yrs of snow and cold on Christmas. I've since been in South Fl. and one Jan. it snowed and another Christmas it was 19degrees. I would LOVE to have a real White Christmas though,just for a change b/c most times it's in the 80s during the holidays.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i used to live in Mass and loved the snow.. but i've been in florida for about 10 years now and i can't handle the cold for very long... but i do miss it.
    xanayda

Answer by xanayda at 9:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I hate the cold anytime after Christmas. I would not like to have the holidays without the change of the seasons.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I lived in the Midwest for 26 years before moving to Las Vegas. I don't ever miss the snow!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• we're stationed in South Carolina and i'm originally from here as well but we spent 3 years stationed in england and 2 in north dakota so i've seen rainy christmases, snowy and evil cold, and ti's been 85 degrees on christmas
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2009