• In the Spotlight:

Is it likely to find out the sex of my baby at 15 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can! And you can find out at home!
    There is a pee test that you can buy at Walgreens called Intelligender. Go to Intelligender.com and read up on it. You pee in the cup and swirl the sample...NOT shake. Once the urine is done in the test it will either turn green (boy) or orange (girl). Good Luck! Keep us posted!
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Isn't it 16 weeks that they normally do the ultrasound to determine sex? Mine was at 20. I think if I remember the books "what to exect" and the other couple of books I've read, your baby already has a sex, but as to wether the ultrasound can pick it up..... If you really want to know for sure, ask for another one in a month.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Not 100% sure, but probably. Today's ultrasounds are so much better than the ones we had 10 years ago. They can see so well, and a 15 week old isn't likely to be big enough to be covering up...good luck!
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 8:35 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• They usually don't check until 20 weeks as that is usually the earliest it is clear enough to tell. If not sometimes they try at 18 to 19 weeks. I had 2 ultra sounds, one at 9 weeks and one at 19 wks and 5 days and found out it was a girl. All babies have a sex its a matter of it being identified in the ultra sound.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2009