Any ideas for getting a splinter out?

Okay. So I was walking outside without my shoes on (yep, I know that was stupid) and I stepped on a stick, which promptly left a tiny piece of wood in the bottom of my foot. The thing is it's not sideways like a normal splinter. It's sort of straight in, which is making it very difficult for me to get out. Any ideas that I could try that might help me draw it out?

jenettyshome

Asked by jenettyshome at 8:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• duct tape
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• A nurse told me to soak the area for a half hour at least. Then maybe the duct tape idea or a tweezers. I don't recommend it, but I sterilize a needle and use that, but that probably isn't the safest. If you are not completely sure that it is all out then get it checked, and even if it is all out use neosporin (or generic) and make sure it doesn't get infected. I think your doctor would probably also ask if you had a tetanus shot lately.

Answer by Bmat at 8:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Use some tweezers or a razor blade so you can give it a small slit on the part where it isn't going to cause any bleeding just a tiny slit (get someone to help you) GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• a good soak in the tub. If that doesn't work then duct tape is great.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I've also heard that if you let it be it will work it's way out, that your body will push it out.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• duct tape or even letting some glue dry on it and peeling it off good luck!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2009