according to due date calculators and conception calculators I am 3 weeks along.

it doesn't sound right to me since I already got a positive. I am thinking I am a bit further along than that. plus I am getting sharp groin pain. that doesn't happen around 3 weeks does it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go with a later date as your due date. Why? Because doctors will start to push for inductions earlier and earlier. More late preterm babies are being born every year. Enough for the March of Dimes to take notice. Your due date is just an estimation. It's two weeks either way. So if you are 40 weeks and your OB is pushing for induction because you are passed due you might only be 38 weeks. While 38 weeks is considered term some babies just aren't ready to be born...hence labor has not started.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You can get the sharp growing pains at any point during your pregnancy. what that means is that your uterus is growing. It is possible to get a positive test so early, I did when I was pregnant with both of my sons. With my first I was only about 3 weeks along and my second I knew I was pregnant before I missed my period and I tested and it was positive. You can get a positive that early, just like some women don't get a positive until later (like 8 weeks). It's all about the hcG hormone.
    Anonymous

• The best HPT can detect pregnancy as early as 4 days before your expected menstrual period. Since most of the women ovulate 14 days before MP and that's when you conceive your baby then its only 10 days of pregnancy the test needs to confirm it. Getting positive at 3 weeks along should be accurate. If you an unsure take another test or call your practitioner for a blood work which gives you very reliable results. The pain you are experiencing may be growing uterus or pain connected with your embryo implanting in your utero wall. Congrats on you pregnancy.

And calculators give you EDD which is just estimation - I found somewhere on the web that actually only ab 5 % of women delivers they baby on the due date.
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 9:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Wow you are lucky. I am 7 dpo and took a test yesterday...negative. I'm becoming very used to that result. I had hoped for my own positive result but it hasn't happened yet. So I will test again next week. Maybe I will have some luck then.

Congratulations to you Momma. I'm green with envy.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I got 3 positives 8 days before my period. I was 3 weeks & I've had the sharp pains since day one. Congrats=]
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2009