Families who lie to us why not be honest? Manipulation

My pet peeve are liars to begin with child care or not. I have one family leaving in June. This is the week she would be paying me for May. Suddenly her son had a seizure won't return until after May 9 so he doesn't get sick for a trip the following week. I know it's not about the trip it's to see if he can transition into a center based program. He is developmentaly nine months behind. He still poops twice a day in his diaper, refuses to even try. I adore him but know his level of frustration is high. The mother of this child began six months ago to convince another father through open intimate flirtation to leave my care in June too. It put me in a very uncomfortable place due to the spouses that didn't know still don't get it. I mean she was destroying my business completely through her actions. She then asked me who else her son liked to play with here. Now this situation is worsen as the father seems totally awe struck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Let me add to this the father is so obsessed with this woman I'm concerned even more. I just want this all to end. I've seen so much interaction between these two it makes me cringe. Right there in front of the children our front of my facility. They talk privately compare notes I can always tell by what they tell me or say to me. It's now a game to them. It's obvious to me I feel very sorry for the spouses of these two.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It sounds like she needs help. I would tell her she still owes you if you have kept her kid as agreed and let the other man know that if he goes you will not take his child back if it doesn't work out. Let him know that she is taking her child to a center because he is 9 months behind the rest of the kids. He will make his own choice and once she sucks him in he will see she is a little nutty. Just let them pay you and find new kids and keep her away from your home and center.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I hope the situation will end soon. What an attention whore...If it is your company then you can stop the bs fake flirting by saying that although there is no code , we are getting complaints from other parents and the intimate talks should stop. I once saw a principal tell a woman to stop dressing inappropriately and stop texting and flirting. This was outside the school. So wish you the best and don't let her maipulative ways get in the way of the children.
    Anonymous

• She is a Princess hasn't brought the child back this week. She still hasn't made any effort to pay me for May now due. I think she is transitioning him into a center based program afraid it won't work out then her slot will be gone. He isn't ready for it at all. It breaks my heart to see this happen to this little guy. Just because a child is 3 does not mean the child is ready for pre-K. He has a multitude of health problems, emotional problems too. I think if given one more year he would have been able to transition better but she knows best I'm just an educator who studies far too many cases like this.

I must agree with the above response, I just didn't have the nerve to use the words. I've known a couple in my lifetime they believe things are owed to them. They have little conscience in the end it's all about their own needs. No right minded Mother would put this child through this. Rip away his stability.
    Anonymous