Since the Geneva Convention

means nothing to Al Quaida and certain tactics employed by our country to obtain info which DID sucessfully STOP more attacks following 911, aren't Libs silly to love terrorists so much? Is it really smart to love them more than they love themselves?
Who really cares about the Geneva Convention if we're the only one's who honor it besides Switzerland?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 9:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Cause if WE don't honor it then it's no holds bar and who knows what will happen if THAT happens.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 9:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If we are a nation of laws then we must follow them, even when it is inconveinant to do so.
    General Patreaus and John McCain BOTH agree, it is illegal and wrong to torture and that they broke the law by doing so. No one has sympathy for the actual terrorists that were tortured...But it damages US when we act as they do.

Also, there were people tortured that were innocent. There is NO evidnce that torture arnered ANY information that was usable. The man that was waterboarded over 100 times, gave up all his info BEFORE the torture began. The Senate Arms Committee has investigated, you should read it. ALSO the MILITARY said torture does NOT work, but they were ORDERED to use it anyway....
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FORGET WHAT CATHOLICS OR BAPTISTS SAY AND FIND OUT WHAT GOD SAYS??????!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE B-I-B-L-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOUR OPINION MEANS NADA!

I saw you posted this on another ..... Grace.
    Since you live your life according to the bible..
    God says its ok to torture?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Christians... Love thy neighbor as thyself.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. ...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The man that was waterboarded over 100 times, gave up all his info BEFORE the torture began.

Hindsight.

He WAS a terrorist.

Sometimes you pay to play.

Innocent, just hanging with a bad crew.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:52 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I admittedly have very little sympathy for tortured terrorists.

I want to live more than I want to do right by terrorists.

I wish they had the same tender thoughts about us.

But, since they DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEY AIN'T GONNA......

mustbeGRACE

• So does that mean you don't TRULY believe in the Christian values? As you suggested in another post?
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 9:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• admittedly have very little sympathy for tortured terrorists. I want to live more than I want to do right by terrorists. I wish they had the same tender thoughts about us. But, since they DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEY AIN'T GONNA......

So your just as blood thirsty and murdeous as they...I'm sure Jesus loves that about you

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• And if any nation, tongue, or people should proclaim war against them, they should first lift a standard of peace unto that people, nation, or tongue; And if that people did not accept the offering of peace, neither the second nor the third time, they should bring these testimonies before the Lord; Then I, the Lord, would give unto them a commandment, and justify them in going out to battle against that nation, tongue, or people. And I, the Lord, would fight their battles, and their children’s battles, and their children’s children’s, until they had avenged themselves on all their enemies, to the third and fourth generation.

GOD

THE HOLY BIBLE

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You people should consider going back to bed.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2009