Two questions ... visiting family/ baby cookies

My daughter is 4months old...Im a stay at home mom & have her on a schedule & shes such a good & happy baby! So now when we go visit my parents or my hubbys parents she is a mess! She cries when people hold her other then with me ( & I want a break) lol,when its her nap time she fights her sleep! Is this just a phase or is there somthing I can do to make it more enjoyable when we go visit family!!??P.s when we are at home, she doesnt like to be rocked she falls asleep on her own in her crib...sooo...with that info does anybody have any suggestions??? Oh any while im at it..one more question, are the baby cookies ok if she constantly wants something in her mouth,& also grunts when I put somthing in my mouth!

v_serenil

Asked by v_serenil at 9:38 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is telling you with the grunts she is ready to eat as well. That is the first sign to introduce food to her and as long as she is not chocking she can have the cookies. As for visiting family keep her on her schedule as much as possible. I have the same issue with my 7 month old as we see my family once ever 3 months so it takes her a few days to get used to them. I lay her in the play pen and let her put herself to sleep like she does here. I don't change her routine and I won't let anyone rock her to sleep. She will let others hold her if I am there but that gets old so I will sit across the room and slowly walk out. She only cries a few minutes. It separation anxiety and it will go away later on but if you need a break take one, she will stop crying within a few minutes.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Answer to the 1st: Sorry :) can't help you! My daughter was the exact same way! She eventually grew out of it. I hope someone can give you some good advice!

2nd: I'd only give her a cookie if you're going to be right there watching her like a hawk! Have you ever tried one of those Baby Safe Feeders? It's a mesh bag that screws onto a handle for the baby to hold. You can put fresh fruit, veggies, a cookie, just about anything yummy in the mesh. The baby can suck and knaw the food thru the mesh and get the flavor and goodness! And it's GREAT for teething. That thing was a Godsend for my DD when hers were coming in!
    Hope this helps!
    kamsmw

Answer by kamsmw at 9:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The funny thing about babbies is some are shy an others warm up super quick. She still just wants mommy! She's used to your touch and scent, so when someone new holds her its alarming. She will be ok after she turns 6-8 months, because she's more active and wanting to explore! You are sooo lucky she willing takes a nap in the crib, my twins refused in the begining until they appreciated it about 7 months old!!!! But yea baby cookies are cool now. MAKE sure to put a bib on her, they're super messy!!!! She's becomming intersted in eating and it will help her get used to texture(since there isn't any with breast milk, or bottled milk, unless you put rice cereal in it. Enjoy and best wishes!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2009