why does she do this?

my dd is 19 months old. she takes her pants and diaper off only when she is at my house (im a teen mom and i live with my parents) my fiance lives with his parents and we go the on weekends, when we are at his house, she doesnt have a problem with leaving her clothes on. the only time she takes her clothes off there is when shes getting a bath. why is it that she only takes her clothes off at my house and leaves them on at his? how can i get her to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she might just be testing her boundaries with you. seeing how long you'll let her get away with it. toddlers are sweeet but sneaky that way! just be consistent with putting them back on and telling her no. she'll learn eventually. it just takes time. good luck, hun!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Put her in time out until she is ready to keep them on. Do your parents allow her to leave them off? Get her dressed and tell her she can not take her clothes off or she will go to her room or in time out because she can not be naked at home either. She has to know its inappropriate at your home as well as his. She probably feels more comfortable at your house and if no one minds or its only you who minds it then you all need to get on her about it. Its also a phase they all go through but you do need to stop it, you and your parents.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• She does that at home because its her safe place and being naked is fun! My kids all have gone through that phase too. I had to go as far as turning the diaper around backwards on both my girls. One I had to do that, plus put a strip of duct tape across the diaper tabs. If it is an issue at night you can try to turn her PJ's around backwards and have them zip/snap up the back so she can't undo it herself.

Good Luck... don't fret too much about it though. Lots of kids go through a naked phase when they are little!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:43 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• well my parents dont help me. the only time they do anything is when i work. they watch her but expect $100 a week to watch her for about 8 hours. they let her be naked but i dont allow it. they wont keep her on my schedule and are constantly screaming in my face when she does it when im around even though i have put her in time out asnd her room and put her clothes back on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• When my son was around 2 i would leave the room for something and when i came back he'd be naked. And he thought it was hilarious. It's a phase, just keep putting her clothes back on her.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• "well my parents dont help me. the only time they do anything is when i work. they watch her but expect $100 a week to watch her for about 8 hours. they let her be naked but i dont allow it. they wont keep her on my schedule and are constantly screaming in my face when she does it when im around even though i have put her in time out asnd her room and put her clothes back on."

Sucks to have to raise a kid living with your parents. I could never do it. Your daughter does this at your house becuase she is aloud to when you are not there. Toddlers need consistancy on rules, or they just won't get it. Maybe you could make a deal with your daughter, like "you can take your clothes off, but your diaper must stay on." or "if you take off your clothes, you are going into the bath." They understand alot more than you think. Try to deal with your parents without too much yelling, it's not good for your baby to see that. GL!!
    Bwebb

Answer by Bwebb at 11:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Babies love to have naked time. Why is this a problem for you? You do not want to create a negative body image by giving her a reason to cover up. Don't worry, she will develop modesty at some point.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2009