Boyz sleepover?

Has anyone had one? I was going to send invites to school (there all 5yrs old) for all the boys in his class.. What games, and food should I do? Also I wanted to put an allergies card in there so I would know if anyone was allergic to anything? What do you think?

HottMamaRossx2

Asked by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• oh my you sure you want all his 5yr friends coming over for a sleep over.. being its your first time why not have your son pick like 7 kids to send invites and then if you are worried about allergies put a note in the invitation as to call you to discuss any issues. This is a fun age but more then likely some parents are not gonna think its a very good idea to let their child stay over night with a total stranger. Do you know some of the parents? I'd think about this for a little while and maybe start off with a play date like after school or something so that you can get to know the parents and the children.
    As for food... please still be careful of choking hazzards, there will be jumping and rough play after all they are boys. Make sure the rules are stated before you let them go wild lol... well that is what I do, no jumping on my furnature, if the door is closed knock first and my bedroom is off limits lol good luck!
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 10:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I haven't had one, but have thought about it. My son just turned 5. I'm not real sure about what games, but for the food maybe, popcorn, cheese and crackers, cookies, begal bites????? Not real sure though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The PP was right with the food...as far as games, I say board games and video games. Or outside baseball, basketball...etc.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• From my experience, I have 3 boys, 12, 6 and 5.. Anyway, the parents won't be so keen on the idea of a sleepover at 5 yrs old... I know I wouldn't. My 12 yr old didn't have a sleepover until he turned 8 and only 4 out of the 10 that came to his b-day party wanted to stay, and had to take one home at 11:30.. Then at 10 he had another and out of 11 boys, 6 stayed. It's not you it's the kids, they don't feel comfortable enough to be away from home overnight.. So be prepared to only have a couple stay, and that might be a bit easier anyway. As far as games, play kickball, have movies and popcorn, have a cook out and roast hotdogs and have chips.. Get stuff to make smores, that's always fun...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have done lots of slumber parties, for boys and girls. Having a large group of 5 yr old boys will be a challange, but not impossible. Or you could do a mock slumber party and have the boys come over and do everything you have planned for the slumberparty but they would leave @ 10:00 that night.  I am having a slumberparty for my 12 year old son, we are camping out in our yard. Using a large tent and having a bonfire, the boys will cook hotdogs, and smores over the fire. The boys also want to have an airsofe war, but your younger guys could have a dart gun battle or you could use squirt guns too. My boys like to build forts and pretend all sorts of fun games this can keep them busy for a long time.

susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 11:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If you need any more ideas or help let me know, I have considered writing a childrens party planing book. I have so many Ideas and have put on so many theme parties for girls and boys. I LOVE doing it. It's so fun seeing the look on the kids faces! Here is my e-mail feel free to e-mail me for anything susan6xblessed@cableone.net thanks ~ Susan
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 12:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think you are a little crazy to have a sleep over for that many boys at that age. Why not have a party from 7 -10 and then have 1 kid sleep over? I think they will get very wild.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It can be done, with lots of planning and help. Having allergies listed is a great idea. Have kid friendly foods, if it is nice outside, I would play lots of outside games to tire them out. A fun boy friendly movie to calm them down before bed. Pancakes or Frenchtoast and sausage for breakfast and then send them home by 10am. Limit the number of kids to 5, keep it simple. Also,make sure you have contact numbers in case someone gets scared and wants to go home. (it happens even with preteens). Take lots of candid pics and one of your son with each child (indiv) and put it into a cute frame as a thank you. You can get cardboard frames for cheap from Oriental Trading.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2009