what helps and ear ache?

ive been getting ear aches on and off for about 2 weeks now. they get really bad and will last up to 3 hours. no matter what pain meds i take it wont go away. since my insurance was taken, i cant go to the dr. anyone know any home remedies?

xhellxfirex495

Asked by xhellxfirex495 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• Heat up a little bit of olive oil until it is just warm (be careful it is not HOT!). Drop 2-3 drops into ear. This feels great....very soothing. Also, try a warm compress against the ear. Hope this helps you!
    kamsmw

Answer by kamsmw at 9:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Isn't there a clinit you can go to? We have clinics here that go by what you make and your Office Visit could possibly be waived. And at Meijer you can get some prescriptions for free. I would check this out, it sounds like you need antibiotics. Some infections can cause a lot of damage.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Go to gnc and get an ear candle. It will clean all the gunk out of your ears.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• sorry, meant clinic.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I would get it checked just to be safe. I have occasional ear aches as well but none that lasts 3 hours. If your having problems hearing in that ear you might have a ruptured ear infection!!! My 5 year old was crying in pain and said it was sudden, when we got to the peds they told me she had a ruptured ear infection. So if your strong(high tolerence for pain) you should go to doc. Local social services office should give you inserance since you lost your job!!! Hope you feel better!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Sweet Oil, warmed up, will help. Also when my ears hurt, I lay on a heating pad.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i agree the warm oil and heating pad helps me theres also at any store a thing called similson silmalic ( forget the name ) its in an orange a white box i wanna say has a pic of an ear that works great to releave ear pain. it should be next to the same brands with cures for like stys ( has a pic of an eye on it ) i had to give mine to bm for my sd who was in pain and she was broke wish i could remember the name sorry i cant.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2009