What do you like most about your church?

If you go to church, what do you like most about it? And if you don't go, is there anything that you would desire in a church in order to make you want to go?

Be nice in your answers please.

I'm just asking because I just have been feeling so blessed with my church. I started going to a new church in Jan. and I'm so happy that I did. It's a very open-minded church where we discuss all kinds of spiritual teachings, not just the ones of the Bible. I love the fact that they embrace ALL beliefs. I'm making a lot of new friends. Last Sunday the minister invited me and some other new members to lunch and it was so great getting to know her and some of the others better. I'm 35 years old and I FINALLY have a church home.

jenettyshome

Asked by jenettyshome at 9:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some of the things I love most about our church home is that they teach strictly from the Bible, we have been so warmly welcomed there,and embraced by everyone. We have a large youth group, that our son is very active in, which was one of the main reasons we checked out the church in the first place. He'd been going with some friends to their activities,and when we went to services there, we loved it,as well. Our pastor is a very dynamic person, very full of the Holy Spirit, loves people,and it shows, and leads his flock by example. He is also our song leader,and we have some amazing praise and worship services. We have some of the most powerful and faithful prayer warriors I've ever had the priviledge of being around. We can really feel the spirit of God moving in our services each week. We have finally found a church home we love,and will be part of till Jesus comes back.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I love that our church is made up if real people. Not people trying to be something they are not. I love that our preachers rotate to preach on Sunday's. I love that it is simple and not complicated!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My ideal church would be based around praise and worship only - no sermons, no preaching. I would love to find a church that basis its worship around music - if you've ever been to a music service or a Christian band concert, you know how powerful and uplifting they can be.

I would also love one that had no politics involved. Everything should be decided on by everyone in the congregation, IMO, NOT by a committee of people that usually have themselves, not the church, in mind.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I forgot to add that I love that I have been in church my whole life and I am at a church that I am still learning new things in! Not the same stuff over and over!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I don't go to church because I know that the ones I have gone to are more negative than positive and extremely superficial. I am sure I may feel differently about a UU church and I may try one eventually. I just find that I am a very private person when it comes to my spirituality and like to do things my own way and I find it easier to learn and grow that way. But for now, I cannot take the time to go because I work Sundays.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:38 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I love the Church we go to. We have only been going to ths Church that we now attend for a month but I feel like I am at home at this church. I have never felt that way before. They make you feel like family and that is what I love. We have regular church Sunday morning and then Sunday evening we have a book we are going over and learning things out of the bible and it is an open time. You can ask questions or disagree or agree and everything gets talked about. Then on Wednesdays it is a Bible Study but again everything is open. I like how it is open b/c if you don't agree you can talk about it and pull up scriptures and so forth. I love my church and I want to be there everytime the doors open.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 12:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009