Would you like to hear my experience giving birth with out an epidural? (Gave birth 4/24/09)

Thursday night around 7:10pm i had contractions painful one's that were close together. I was checked and still only 2cm dilated. Around 2am they were really intense and had me in tears. I was checked again..Still only 2cm. Around 4am, i started to have trouble breathing from crying so hard from pain. (Granted they gave me morphine around 2pm and it did NOTHING for me)

At 4am i was 4cm dilated. at 4:07am i screamed "I have to push, and possibly puke!!!" so they told me to push and they checked me again and i was fulled dilated. Then i had to push again! and as soon as I did she was already crowning. When that contraction ended i felt soooo good and i wasnt in any pain. Then I had to push again SECONDS later and I pushed as hard as I could and her head and arm popped out, but the cord was wrapped around her neck. They told me not to push and it was hard not to push. My water broke as soon as her head came out.

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 9:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• congrats with no epi:) way to go!!!! she is pretty!!!! wish u didn't live so far away i wanna hold her...lol
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Then my 4th push she came out!!! but was not breathing. She almost didnt make it. but the doctors were great and she's alive!

Remember, i did all of this with No Epidural..and HONESTLY...the pushing and pushing the baby out was NOT bad at all..it was only painful contractions...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• oh ill change my default picture to a picture of her!! =D
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I had an epi but it stopped working 1 hour after they did it. Only my leg was numb and nothing else. I was in labor 8 hours, 6 before the epi and then 1 hour of half ass pain relief and then 1 hour later she was born in less than 30 minutes and 8 pushes. Congrats.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• congrats!! You are one brave mama!!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 9:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• holy cow!
    well....
    im glad you had her and that you're both ok.
    im sorry you had so much pain!
    im jealous that you had her on my due date and im still waiting! (LOL)
    and im hoping that i dont have quite so much pain when my baby decides to come!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Woah! What an experience! Thank you for telling us about it. I am thankful that she is doing OK. How is she now? How are you?

Answer by Bmat at 9:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I had my sons (10lbs 4 oz and 8lbs 9oz.) ages 3 and 6, naturally with no pain meds. I wanted some, but the anesthesilologist could not get to my room in time.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I didn't have an epidural either, twice. Glad to hear everyone is okay!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• congrats mama!!!! i had an epi with 2 of my 5 and it killed my back afterwards did not have time when number 5 came barely made it to hospital he was my biggest (10 lbs.) not exactly fun, i accidently bit my hubbys hand in the process but i would have him all over again if i had to i think all us moms can say that!!! (maybe i did bite him on purpose !!! lol)
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2009