Mass Vaccination

The last time they had a swine flu scare, in 1976, they had mass vaccinations and some people had bad reactions. If they say that you and your children must be vaccinated, will you comply?
Also they say there will be no specific vaccination for this particular flu for 4-6 months, so WHAT will they be vaccinating us for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They haven't said they will vaccinate anyone, and it's never forced. It wasn't forced in 1976, either.

Whether I would CHOOSE to vaccinate depends on how lethal the flu turns out to be. Doesn't seem like much to worry about yet.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• No.
    I never get the flu vaccine.Same goes to all my family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Depends on how much of a choice I have. If they're going to hal off all the people who don't get shots to camps, then sign me up for a shot.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 10:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Absolutely not.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 10:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• We won't get them. I doubt they'll try to force us to get them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Nope. We got the vaccination for the swine flu when I was 4 years old. I had a seizure from the shot and loss the use of my legs for several months. We were told we needed to get it or we would die. My mom was only 19 years old with two small children and got it for us. We got a small amount of money from the government to pay my medical bills. I have no trust for the Governments vaccination program and my children are unvaccinated. If they try to haul me off to a camp next fall if this gets bad it will get ugly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• http://imgur.com/27K39.jpg
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I would like to say that I really don't think they'll force vaccinations unless for some reason this virus turned really nasty.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 10:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• We never get flu shots and we never will. I am not worried about it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• They won't haul you off somewhere if you dont get them. They will have "Public Service Announcements" on TV and radio every 15 minutes with pictures of the President getting his shot, and it will be on front page of all the newspapers, and there will be signs in store windows and office buildings. There will be major publication of where to go to get them, and there will be huge long lines of people waiting to get them. That's what happened last time. Been there, done that...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2009