What are some questions to ask at the first prental visit?

are there problems that I might face in the feature that I just cant see now? If so what do you suggest I ask and what are key things to look for in keeping someone as your doctor through your whole pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• HOW MANY BABIES HAVE YOU DELIVERED?!?! I didn't ask that and didn't find out I was my docs first ob case until DELIVERY! I ended up with a uteran infection for 9 months after my baby was born because of all the mistakes that woman made. That was the first question I asked my new doctor this time.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:23 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• How long into preg. do they normaly push for you to be induced, what their take on meds are... will s/he be the one to deliver, will you be seeing/meeting the other docs if not....

I went to 4 docs before I picked the one I had for my preg. I saw all for before I was 10 weeks... And in the end I ended up having a diff. doc.. deliver me!!! I knew that might happen, but I wanted a doc. I liked for my apt, since thats when you mostly see them and care to see them, lol...

Congrats and Good Luck!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 10:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I would also pick up "What to exect when your expecting" and other such books. They answer alot of questions. And if they don't write them down for each appointment so you don't forget to ask anything. You can also get other feedback on Dr.'s from other moms in your area. If you see a mommy somewhere ask. Just be polite and say you are looking for a good Dr. and see who they recommend. Good Luck!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2009