Everyone says "your going early". Did this happen to you when you were PG?

Everyone I speak to says there is no way your going to last until mid may you'll go early. How do they really know? or is that something that people say to PG women?. Maybe b/c I'm very round, swollen feet and ankles, and I dropped about 2 weeks ago. Did this happen to you and did you really go early like everyone said?

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was ENORMOUS when I was preggers with my son. Everyone said I would be going early... I did NOT. I was 9 days late... he was just a big baby (9 1/2 lbs.)
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 10:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I was told that I was going to go early with my first. Everyone said I was so big and I was having a lot of bh. Well DS showed us and came 5 days late.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 11:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I dropped with my first son 1 week before I had him he was 3 weeks early. But every pregnancy is different. With my second, who was ways bigger, I didn't drop until I was in labor and he was only 5 days early. And I have heard the baby can drop and still no labor for weeks!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my son the girls at work started a bet on when the baby would come, and whoever came the closest without going over won the money. They had to start the poll over, because everyone guessed he was coming early- he was 9 days late!
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Everybody & their cat has an opinion on when you will go into labor. Learn to laugh it off with a comment that Baby will show up when Baby wants to & let it go. Even doctors or midwives have no idea when you will really go into labor. I sometimes think that people believe they are being kind when they tell you that you will go early--like they are trying to ease the discomfort of late pregnancy by making you think it is almost over.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Everyone says that to me too. I am at 36 weeks and doubt that I am going early lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• People like to "predict" when you'll go into labor. It's part of the waiting game and builds anticipation. Sometimes it also yields unwanted advice and opinion. It's just one more thing to listen to. Good luck to you and your new little one.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• All my doctors said i wouldnt last to even 36 weeks. Bay State hospital (its one of the top hospitals in New England) said i wouldnt last to 36 weeks...

i made it to 40 weeks 3 days and she popped out on her own =P
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:36 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I knew I would be late and paid no attention to know-it-alls. Most people are not use to seeing a woman at 41 weeks who has gone from just over 100 lbs to just over 140 lbs. It is a rather shocking sight. Just ignore them. 41 weeks is very normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My oldest was right on time, I was induced at 36 weeks with my son. With my youngest I kept telling everyone I wouldn't make it until February 9, her due date. Since that was still a month away everyone was like whatever, you will make it. Well, 3 days later I went into labor and she was born 3 weeks and 6 days early. The nurse at my Dr's office told me 5 days earlier she didn't think i'd go much longer, she even told my Dr that too.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2009