What are some good craft ideas for grandkids to make for their grandmother on Mothers's Day?

LorenCalay

Asked by LorenCalay at 10:52 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• me and my grandma always made cup cakes, or we played in the garden, well i would play in the dirt while she did her gardening thing lol. but it was fun, i still remember everytime we did something like that, now that im older we just have a dinner with my her and my mom and sisters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Homemade cards. My grandma and mom love them. We use construction paper and cut out flower shapes, hearts ect. and glue them on another piece. Color and decorating follows.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• How about having them decorate a picture frame? Then you can put their picture in it.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have had my kids make terra cotta pots with the grandchildrens handprints painted on it. You need a Terra cotta pot large enough for your kids hands to fit on or what ever size you would like.we did a rather large outdoor pot. Acrilic paint in favorite colors. Have each child dip one hand spread open into the color paint of their choice the press hand onto pot. after each child does one hand let the pot dry comletely, then you write each childs name by their hand with the paint or if you have matching paint pens that works well also. We then decorated the rim with pokka dots, swirls, stripes, or whatever you can come up with. ribbon would be fun also. You could then fill it with flowers for grandma or a better idea would be... buy the dirt and flowers and bring all to grandmas house then on mothers day as part of the fun you can plant the flowers together. You could even bring lemonade and cookies or cupcakes and have a trea
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 2:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• have a treat together. You could even bring lunch and frost the cookies or cupcakes together. Besure to take pictures.
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 2:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• kids love colors if you enjoy time in the kitchen they can play with you baking a delicious cake if you put the recipe and they can do the mix that with a delicious gelatin will be awesome and unforgettable for you and for them enjoy and have fun
    marybe

Answer by marybe at 12:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2009