If I allow my 10 month old baby to have one overnight visit with her dad each week, will she...?

...bond with him more and stop loving me as much?

Please don't make fun of me...I've never been away from my daughter for more than an hour since she was born. I want to have one night per week to myself just so I can get a break.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No!!! She will NOT love you less or lose the bond you have!!! It is hard to let them go but when you need a break take it!!! And let her bond with her dad because if (God forbid) you ever need to stay in the hospital for any length of time she has to go somewhere she will be comfortable and secure! No question is stupid! I have 4 and sometimes finding myself having questions about mothering! Its hard being a mom if it weren't men would be having them and not us!!! Its good that you can turn to him to take her so that you can get some you time!!!! Giving yourself a break is not selfish or wrong!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• no she wont love you any less! thats what i thought about my son to. it is good for your daughter to be away for a night cause then when she sees you again she will be really happy and she will know that you arent going anywhere
    krstqt123

Answer by krstqt123 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• No, she will not love you any less. Plus, it will be good for her to bond with her father, too.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Well she should bond with him, that's her father, and no it won't lessen the bond with you at all
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Do you love your parents any less now that you have a child? No. Love doesn't stop, it grows.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• No she won't love you any less. Most weekends my mother takes ds (10 1/2 months) on sat nights and he's still the biggest mama's boy there ever was lol.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 1:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2009