Social Anxiety? Or just need to go for it?

Any time I think about doing something out of the house I get the worse belly ache! Me & DD going just grocery shoping will turn my stomach in knots. I want to go on playdates, toddler times, YMCA and other stuff for my 2yr old to interact with kids, but I cant seem to get past the fear.. Now if DH can go with me, its no so bad & I can handle it, but doing anything alone, or with dd, puts me in knots!!!
I dont want my problems to effect my dd life!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• I agree with possibly seeking some support from a professional therapist. Save up if necessary until you can go to a session or two.

If you can not afford one just yet and you have not found a free one I would suggest journaling on your life when you felt afraid in a crowd of people. What happened and what did you do at that time. Were you told while growing up to stay away from strangers? Are still listening to that in your head and therefore you are challenged by it?

I say dig into you to find the answer and find a way to rethink how you feel.

The body reacts the same to fear as it does excitement. Our brain is what tells us the difference. Thank your body for reminding you to feel and tell your brainto get out of the way and keep moving closer to what you want for you and your family.

Good Luck.
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 12:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You may want to seek therapy or counseling. It sounds like it would help you to talk about this in depth with a professional. If finances are a problem, alot of places offer counseling for free.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 11:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I am shy. so i am thinking it has something to do with Im afraid of peoples thoughts about me, Im afraid of embarrassing myself, saying or doing something wrong & if i have my dd, im afraid of her acting up (if im with my dh & she acts up I handle it FINE). Also like most woman, I dont like to go #2 in public (lol) so, since my anxiety comes out through my belly cramping im even more afraid to get out, my stomach start hurting & need to use the restroom...
    This started my senior yr in highschool. but there is so much more about my stomach- im sensitive to food, especially in the morning, Im sensitive to smell-i havent wore perfume since Jr high probley.
    Anonymous