Does anyone know if Medicaid reimburses you for…?

Hi, I found out I’m pregnant, I applied for Medicaid.

Over my phone interview I was told that I was approved and I still show as “in process”.

In any case, I have terrible stomach pains; the Drs guesses it could be: gastritis, gastroenteritis, an ulcer, stones or kidney infection.

Of course we can’t know for sure until I get an endoscope, but until I don’t get my Medicaid card, I have no insurance.

I’m afraid I will end up going to the emergency room so I can get this procedure done.

My question is: does Medicaid reimburses you for procedures done while in process?

I don’t want to have to wait for over a week to get my card

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• They do reimburse for the last three months (typically.) But that's if the procedure is covered.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 11:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Call them and ask =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• From my experiance dealing with Medicaid billing. They will not reimburse you financially, what they usually do is make your coverage retro active to pay the charges incurred prior to actually getting your card.
    MomDaBomB215

Answer by MomDaBomB215 at 8:41 AM on May. 1, 2009