Baking Question

Okay so I am not the worlds greatest Baker. But this week after watching the Cake challenge on Food Network my older kids and I decieded to give it a try. We made a homemade cake yesterday with homemade buttercream frosting. The cake looked so pretty, but tasted AWFUL! It was so freaken dry.... What did I do wrong? Any tips on makeing a super moist cake??

Vanessannd

Asked by Vanessannd at 11:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't over bake it? Not sure, I've never made a dry cake.... I did make a hot milk cake last week and our kids loved it and it was really moist.. Our boys said they wanted that kind of cake for their Birthday cakes...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I'm sorry, but I don't know. If it doesn't come in a box or premade at the bakery then we don't get cake. :(
    I think you should be applauded for your effort, though! :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I would say that 98% of the time I buy a mix. I live at a higher altitude and wouldn't begin to know how to adjust a recipe from a book or online. Frosting is the same, so I can't mess that up.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I don't know..maybe too much flour? or not enough eggs? o.o
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Try a little less flour and keep your eye on it. I check the cake often when I make them. Its pretty rare to master baking the first time you try. Just try and try and eventually you will get it perfect!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2009