Need help with BBT and OPK......

When do I start tracking my BBT and when do we start baby dancing if were doing the OPK? Do we just wait to get a positive and then baby dance or do it befor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You need to start the OPK on day 1 of your cycle. Day 1 is not spotting but the first day of your actual flow. Then you turn the monitor on every day at the same time. I turn mine on when I wake up. By day 6 or so it will ask you to insert a pee stick. pee on the stick, put the cap back on and put it in the slot for the urine to be read by the machine. It will take about 5 minutes for it to read, once it's read then it will show a low, medium or high result. If it has a high result then an egg symbol will also show up. That is when you ovulate. Have sex on when the egg symbol shows up. As for BBT I don't really know. I don't take my temp each day. Good Luck.

Oh, you can also have sex when the medium surge is present as well. This will appear a day or so before your ovulation (egg symbol) happens.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If you are using ovulation sticks and not the monitor there will be info inside on when you should start taking the sticks depending on the # of days in your cycle. You continue taking the sticks until you have a sign of ovulation...i prefer to buy the digital ones as they are easier to read.

As for taking your BBT you start on day one of your period and continue taking it every morning at the same time. When your temp is 98 and above for so many days in a row it shows that you have ALREADY ovulated.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2009