What is the best tattoo cover up kit to get for a wedding?

My maid of honor is planning on getting her big tattoo on her back before my wedding and just in case it looks hideous with her dress I want to be prepaered and know where to get a kit to hide it.

mommy492006

Asked by mommy492006 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Google it. I know there is a product like this somewhere out there, but I think you can only purchase it online. Or you ask your friend to ask the tattoo parlor place if they know of any product she can use to cover it. If you don't find something just buy a foundation that is close to her skin color so that you can cover it up that way. But being that's it's a black ink I would think that on it's own will be hard to cover up. Is she getting this done like within the next month or like right before your wedding? If so she might not be able to cover it up, since it will still be healing.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Can you ask her to get it after the wedding-whats the rush on a tattoo??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I promise I'm not trying to bash, but if it were me, I'd be really offended if a friend asked me to cover up any of my tats to be in their wedding. What is she planning on getting?
    dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 11:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have a tat and I am a bridesmaid. I asked if I could wear my hair down to cover it. I am not ashamed of it. I just think that my dress looks better with it covered.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I have two, actually.
    JennRN09

• well me and her talked about it already so she agrees it might need to be covered. to asnwer and respond to questions and comments, she can't wait because she gives blood regularly so she's getting all the tattoos she wants at one time so that the wait to give blood again wont be longer. also, if it was a small tatoo I wouldn't care because my sister in law is in the wedding and has a small one but this is a shoulder to shoulder in black ink tattoo so its big and my wedding is an outdoor natural looking very simple feel and its in august so it will be hot, the dresses will show some shoulder. but me and her have no experiecne in covering them so we dont know what would work best. she would cover it with her hair but the girls are wearing their hair up and her hair wouldnt be long enough anyways.
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• How about a light shawl- if she's the maid of honor isn't it ok to have her outfit slightly different? As far as covering them, I have no idea, I wasn't even aware that such kits existed. I know they cover actor's tat's in movies sometimes.. Hope you have a great wedding!
    dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 1:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• contact several tattoo shops and ask.. if it's still in the healing process she might need something specific to avoid infection etc.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2009