Am I just stupid?

I am 24 almost 25 and I am trying to go back to college. I plan to start with community college but I am so lost. Teenagers do this why can't I??? The whole process is lost on me and I feel like an idiot bc it is community college!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What is it that you are lost about. And I think its great you are going back to college. Ive never been but may be able to answer some questions for ya.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 11:35 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• What do you mean? Are you having issues figuring out how to go about getting admitted and registering and all that crap? the admissions office should have advisors to help you, tell you what paperwork you have to have and fill out and all that good stuff. Don't worry, I started at 22 and I felt the same way when I started. But once you've done a couple classes you'll feel so good about yourself and your future!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:36 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I've completed college courses in my 30's and 40's. Start with a more positive attitude! I Can do this! And talk with your counselor and ask all those questions, they can guide you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Try to o some internet classes to get back in the swing of schooling if you can. I loved internet classes.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My DH just finished his Masters 2 years ago. He will be 54 in June. Don't feel dumb. If you need help ask.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:39 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• hey 2 years ago when i was applying to college i had NO idea what to do..i had my mom do everything for me and i was STILL lost...you need to get a FAFSA...and i STILL dont understand wth its for lmfao.

talking to me about stuff like this would be the same as talking to a door...completely pointless lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:39 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I say GO FOR IT! There is nothing stupid about going back for more education. Go to the guidance counselor and have them walk you through the process of re-entry. Pick classes you will enjoy for your first semester so you get in there and have fun to get you back in the game.

There is also nothing wrong with a community college. The teachers that teach there are qualifies in most cases to teach at the universities however they choose to teach there. They often feel more rewarded and needed. Many great professionals started at community college and then moved to a university after getting their basics at community this way they can focus on their major and not the general ed.

Go have fun and reward yourself with knowledge. Good luck
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 11:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Go to the FASFA website and start there. See if you qualify for aid. Go online to your college of choice and fill out the app. Make an appoint with a counsler and pick out your classes. After you know when you will be in class start looking at daycare options. You are going to want some peace and quiet to study and what not. If you don't know what feild to go in look in your area and see what fields are hiring. Here ther is a huge shortage of teachers, so much so that they are hiring people who are not yet certified and in their last year or shcool for it! Other places need RNs or Ultra Sound Techs.
    Good Luck!
    - www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 11:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• you rocki'v just gaduated and i'm 26 forenic sci and it was hard to face the braty girls but your there for them you are there to better you!!!!!

lulu589

Answer by lulu589 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2009