Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any advice for a heartbroken mpm?

Any advice for a heartbroken mom?
I have an 18 month old baby boy.He was born a preemie.He has been sick since birth and things are only getting worse as time goes on.It started with vomiting and severe intestinal infections and failure to thrive and has now gone to him having seizures.We have been trying to figure out whats going on since he was born but we still have no answers.He also has a blood disease that causes him to not have enough white blood cells so he can't fight infection.So we stay at home unless absolutely necessary to go out.He is battling an infection right now that we can't find the source for.If your child has something similar or you know any advice for me please drop me a line.Thank you.

Answer Question

Asked by swtangelksses at 11:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • pray and just keep praying- i am so sorry ur going through this and i have never heard of that but all i can say is pray- God bless and good luck

    Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

  • I am so sorry. I don't know where you live. But if you life close to Oklahoma City or Tulsa Oklahoma see if you can get a referral to a specialist at the Children's Hospital. I have had babies at both and they are very good.

    Good luck.

    Answer by palexander at 11:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

  • Get your baby to a specialist at a Childrens Hospital. I don't know what else to tell you. I am sorry. I will keep your baby and family in my prayers. I hope all goes well.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

  • I am so sorry! My son had issues that we could not track and had to have so many specialists is frustrating and hearbreaking. Sometimes when we have one thing wrong we also have related and multiple issues occurring in our body. Researching, continuing to advocate for specialists, and not taking no for an is such continuous work. If you know he has a blood disorder I would start there and research everything I can and on related illnesses commonly found (or not so common) in other cases like his. I would also call a teaching hospital and ask to speak to the head of their peidiatric department. Emory, Duke, UCLA...all great teaching hospitals. You might have to drive but you may find they are willing to research what is going on.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

  • he sees several specialists at Texas Childrens hospital and we still have no answers they are suppossed to be one of the best around and we only live about an hour away so we go there

    Answer by swtangelksses at 12:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.