Does anyone teach Sunday School for children?

Hey Everyone! My reason for asking is because I want to start teaching Sunday School at our church. It is a small church and during church the children are in the nursery, but they are not being taught about Jesus and God. I feel like they need to be taught so I want to do it. I need some ideas on putting a program together. What can I do? I have never taught before, and I am a little nervous, but want to do it for them.(the children) Any tips or advice?

Thanks,
Kristin

kaeleighalexis

Asked by kaeleighalexis at 11:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I teach 7th grade Sunday school at our Synagogue. I don't think I can help you, but good luck! I hope you enjoy working with the kids.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Well when I taught we read stories from the bible and we did craft activities related to the story. Oriental Trading co. has lots of crafts and small prize rewards that you can do with the kids. And the prices are pretty reasonable if you want to go that route. My mom did puppet shows for the kids too. I'm sure you'll find something you'd be able to do.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• 2autisticsmom has some great advice - I love Oriental Trading, especially during holidays. Great crafts and CHEAP.

Here's a site I use with DD (she's not in Sunday school right now, so we do bible stuff at home when she asks to): http://www.dltk-bible.com/
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I teach the 3 and 4 year olds at my church, we get all our materials that we need, teacher book, the childrens sheet each week.
    tjmommy10

Answer by tjmommy10 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009