What does my son have?

I woke up this morning to my son weezing and coughing in his crib. So I checked his temp. it was 100.7 . My boyfriend thinks he's ok and that we should just give him some Tylenol. I think we should take him to the doctor, but I don't know how serious this is. What could this be? What should I do?

prettyNpink0769

Asked by prettyNpink0769 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• UM CALL HIS DR
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yeah deffinately call dr., could be asthma or bronchial!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• 100.7 is a very low grade fever, but the wheezing would be enough for me to call his ped
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I would call the doctor!! You never know...
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 11:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If he's wheezing (in the chest) and coughing I'd take him in and have him checked out. The low grade temp warrants watching, but it's not really all that high.

Remember if he has a lot of congestion and it's in his throat he will sound more congested and wheezy...he can't clear his throat yet...so that could be all it is. But if you can't tell if it's the throat or chest (or if it IS in the chest) go have him checked.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Normally I would say he is fine, but take him in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• put a cool mist humidifier on right away near him. have him checked by a Dr. today could have croup or pnuemonia. Lots of fluids, steam from the bathroom shower could help break up his cough. Have him sleep in his car seat to elevate his head.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2009