Sick Baby

My daughter has been coughing for a couple of weeks now. I took her to the pediatrician a week ago and they tested her for strep and flu, but both tests came back negative. They told me to just run her humidifier and elevate the head of her bed, but it doesn't seem to have done anything. In fact, her coughing has gotten worse. I had to give her a bath with that vapor bath liquid to get it to stop. Then this morning, she threw up. Not a lot, but she was definitely gagging and threw it up. Not like spit up, but threw up. So, now I'm wondering what I should do because I tried to call the doctor and I didn't get an answer. Is there something I can do while we're at home to help her? She's five months old and I'm worried.

DellaF88

Asked by DellaF88 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She may have asthma. Have her reevaluated.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Maybe she is allergic to cats asthmatic kids sometimes appear more sickly as babies. See if vacuuming helps her cough get better(dust mites)
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• also she may need a breathing treatment like a nebulizer machine with a dose of albuteral should help ask about this?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Ok.
    DellaF88

Answer by DellaF88 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• my son started doing that at 3 months and he has astma he is now 2 1/2 and the only thing that helps him is his nebulizer...
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 12:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009