I am a week late, and every test I take says negative.

I am having so many symptoms, but I know they are quite close to what you experience before your period. I have recently stopped taking birth control and we are trying to conceive. It has been 33 days since the first day of my last period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Remember that your body may be adjusting itself since you've come off birth control. I know that when I was taking bc pills, my cycle was the textbook 28 days; but when I came off of them, it adjusted back to the 33-36 days it had been before I started. Such a readjustment for you may have delayed your ovulation, which would also delay your expected period.
    It is helpful when TTC to watch for the fertile time during each cycle as well as counting the standard (for you) number of days between periods to know if you're period is late. If you ovulated a week later than you think, you won't be late for your period for another week. In that case, if you are pg, your body won't have enough HCG yet for a test to detect it.
    I highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility if you haven't already read it. It sure helped me!
    GL to you!
    TexaBamaBaby

Answer by TexaBamaBaby at 1:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• might not be enough hcg (preggo hormone) in your system yet, if you're pregnant. i took 5 negative tests. then i had to go to the ER for something else entirely and they did a pregnancy test. positive! but a very low percent of hcg.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If you are getting negative results and you're a week late, make an appt with the OB and have them test. They can do a blood test to confirm.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If your a week late and the test are coming up negative then I highly doubt that your pregnant but if for some reason you think your still pregnant then you can alway request to have blood work done. GL
    Anonymous

• Try a First Response Test! Its The Best Test ever! If its neg then you are not preg!
    Sara722

Answer by Sara722 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Aunt Flo came yesterday :(... Maybe next month gonna keep on trying..****Baby Dust****
    d_nee_cy

Answer by d_nee_cy at 8:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2009