Has anyone tried those "google make money from home kits"?

They say they're free and the reviews seem good... A little too good, so I was wondering if anyones tried them and if so how did it work for you?

blondisfun

Asked by blondisfun at 12:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• My rule is to never pay money to make money. Those programs are "teaching" you how to use Adsense, which you can read about for free from Google themselves. Don't throw your money away.

I know of a few good places that I use, No sales, All free: Earn Money Online is my website with information

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I was wondering the same thing. please let me know if you get anywhere with this
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 12:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I hadn't heard of it so I just did some research. The site has a disclaimer on the bottom saying they are not google and are not affiliated with google in any way, after one month you are charged $69.95 a month for a "program" that is generally free info about using google adwords and google adsense.....so as far as I can see this is just someone selling easily free obtainable information and calling it a kit. The reality is it's not google who owns this kit. I wouldn't bother, you can go to www.google.com right now and click on the "Advertising Programs" link and get that info free!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I disagree with paying to make money. Even Avon has a $20 start-up fee for the kit. It's one time though. They say to primarily avoid piramid schemes... anything that doesn't sell a product or service like stuffing envelopes. I sell Avon and it was WELL worth the start-up fee.
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 3:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Lauchremi I agree as well. Like I said in your own question Ambit Energy was $429 to start and I never thought in a million years I would pay that much to join a company, but i made that back in two weeks and i'm doing about $2,000 a month after only just under 3 months. So, not bad. I'm very happy that I invested that money!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2009